Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jordan's Robo Calls

Robo calls (auto dial) can be a pain.

Now, political robo calls are exempt from the various "Do Not Call Lists". But, you would think that if a citizen asked for them to stop, that the campaign would do something about it.

Not the Nick Jordan campaign.

Oct 7, 2008: After getting what I felt were too many of these calls I contacted their office at 913.829.8683. A volunteer (I will not name her here)said she didn't think the name/number could be removed (wrongggggggggg), so I asked her to pass the info on to someone in authority.

Oct 19, 2008: Similar to the above (different volunteer) Asked again, to have my numbers removed from their lists.

Oct 28, 2008: They keep dialing and calling, dialing and calling. Called Jordan's office and this time the volunteer connected me with a staffer (Nat Manda). He seemed empathetic enough, said it would be taken care of, and asked if he could call me back to confirm that it was taken care. I gave him my cell phone number to call me back on.

Oct 29, 2008: Today, another call. Called the campaign office again. Manda was not available. Spoke with another staffer, a Barri Pruitt. She advised me that it was too difficult to go through these lists to remove folks. These lists are updated daily, and according to her are in "pdf" format, and it would just be too difficult. Huh?????? Something that is in pdf format is a written document. These numbers are loaded into a computerized calling system. There has to be a way to delete the numbers from a system. (The same or similar procedure that a commercial company would have to take for a do not call violation). Anyway, I informed Ms Pruitt that I considered the calls to be invasive and harassing. Are ya ready? She didn't think they were either one because they were recorded messages, not live calls. Hey, it's my phone, my house and I consider the calls to be invasive and harassing.

So this man wants to represent me in the 3rd Cong Dist? Shouldn't somebody who is running for office attempt or have a staff that attempts to be responsive to the citizenry? Basically, Ms Pruitt indicated when I asked if I would get more calls between today and the election that it could happen.

Ironically, I am a registered republican. In this election I have voted for two democrats (by mail ballot). Mr Jordan's opponent is one of the two.

Oh, I did inform Ms Pruitt that she could read about this episode on this blog.

Enjoy...........