Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Letter Writer Takes Exception to my Blog Entry

Apparently, former city council candidate, and current Parks & Recreation Advisory Board member Bob Dyche took exception to my blog entry about his letter to the Shawnee Dispatch.

In the interest of fairness, I believe his email to me needs to be quoted here, along with my reply:

His email from 3/19/09:
Ray-

I just wanted to drop you a line and clarify what I wrote about and maybe you will clarify your blog. As for USD 232 bidding out the general contractor job, they didn't. JE Dunn was chosen by the board in a 4 to 3 vote. They (JE Dunn) never did bid on the projects that they were hired to do. Alvie clearly states this in and email I received, but you in your infinite wisdom you have jumped to conclusions. I will forward you the email. You are right about 1 thing. I am supporting Kevin for the school board position. Also I am wondering why you are so interested in our elections when you reside in the Shawnee Mission district. You know nothing about me, however last year and now this year you have chosen to attack me. I don't get it. Is it your duty to attack anyone associated with Kevin? If you have any questions for me just contact me. I would be happy to meet and discuss whatever may be on your mind. Thanks Bob Dyche

My reply of 3/20/09:

Bob,

But, they did NOT fail to bid over $70 million in actual construction contracts. If you read my blog, you will see that I asked folks to scroll down and read Cater's comments. They will also see the 2d comment that way, which was (according to the entry on the Dispatch) posted by KStraub. Regarding your other comments. I suggest you go back to school and retake Civics 101. I can voice an opinion. It does not matter which school district I reside in. (I can voice an opinion about the Mayor's race in Merriam, whcih I did) But, with Mr Straub being a sitting city councilman in Shawnee, his other public forays for elective office are open for comments. As far as "attacking" you Bob, Come on now. That's not an attack. You ran for office in Shawnee, I voiced an opinion (that was last city election). Now, for the letter in the Dispatch, Weren't you appointed to that board by Straub? That's not an attack. That's showing a relationship. Now, that could be a positive. Folks who agree with either one of you could then transfer that to the other one. In your infinite wisdom, did you ever consider that? Have a great day.

He claims I attacked him. My, my, how one interprets things. I merely pointed out his misleading info when he ran for city council. That's an attack? That's called setting the record straight.

If anyone is interested in reading those comments from last year's election cycle they can be found, on this blog, at:

From 3/14/08 http://shawneeray.blogspot.com/2008/03/dyche-misleads-voters-in-ward-iii.html

From 3/18/08 http://shawneeray.blogspot.com/2008/03/memory-chuckle.html

From 3/23/08 http://shawneeray.blogspot.com/2008/03/does-candidate-shoot-from-lip.html

Maybe he feels that any comments he makes as a candidate should not be challenged, but taken as gospel truth. Question: Is he going to run for council again? In the next election? Against Straub? Or, in place of?

Curious, does he write his own material or does he employ a ghost writer? Just curious.