Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ward III Primary......Tue, March 2, 2010

There will be a primary in Ward III next Tuesday, 3/2/10. Four individuals are running and the top two vote getters go on to the general election on April 6.

In the past I've had some issues with Kevin Straub...........no denying that. But in this election I'd have to say if I lived in Ward III I'd vote for him.

Sound bytes and blurbs on campaign literature aside...........I've been to many council and committee meetings this past year. Straub's actions to try and maintain freedom of choice with regards to trash disposal are to be commended. Contrary to the comments of his wardmate. The same goes for his feelings towards the franchise fee.

His methods are sometimes unorthodox, but he is something of a rebel. Sometimes being a rebel is good.

Now, when it comes to challengers' comments about "restoring civility" to the council. Heck, they're going against the wrong person. Wanna restore civility to the council? Unseat Diva Dawn Kuhn in 2012. I've sat in on these meetings. I've heard her antagonize and bait Straub on more than one occasion, and on others get downright nasty. When Straub was having problems getting some info from the city manager, Kuhn was heard to chime in with "Well, I always get answers to my questions" Right.........the queen of the rubber stamps gets what she wants.

Civility? What about Mr Travel himself, Mickey Sandifer. When asked to explain some travel costs, in a council meeting, his reply was 'None of your business". (By the way Mickey, this constituent is still waiting for your explanation, and it is my business). This is another one that would need to go in 2012 to restore civility.

Nobody agrees with everybody all the time. Straub is very passionate in what he believes. I don't always agree with his methodology, but he does care.

Unfortunately it's too late for me to move to Ward III to vote for him.