Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sandifer.....Clueless

Ahhh, Mickey Sandifer never ceases ti amaze me.

At Monday's council meeting there was an item to approve a resolution that a developer had submitted an application for housing tax credits.  This was strictly to confirm that the application was filed.  Nothing more.

In his "wisdom" Sandifer commented on how he has been against construction that was based on housing tax credits since he felt those types of housing units brought high crime with them.  In this case he felt the location was ok since the police were already in that neighborhood (DDACTS enforcement??).

Here's the kicker.  If he had read and understood the application it was for senior housing.  That's right, not family housing but senior housing.  Elderly, old, most likely retired.  I didn't realize that seniors living in housing that received tax credits were considered to have a penchant to be criminals.

When Sandifer says things like this I believe he is showing how clueless he can be. And that is much of the time.  I really feel bad that he is running for reelection unopposed.

Hey, I've got an idea.  Write-in candidates.  I'm gonna write-in my name.  If you live in Ward IV do the same.  Write-in your name, my name or the name of anybody else in Ward IV.  It won't be enough to beat him, but it might make a statement.

WARNING!!!!!! The City Manager of Shawnee has determined that local bloggers post items that may contain bad or misinformation. Please read these posts with care and determine for yourself whether the information is valid.