Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Filling the Ward IV Vacancy

On Monday My 11, 2015 the City Council will hold a special meeting prior to the regular meeting to choose an individual to fill the vacant Ward IV position.

The agenda for that meeting will be posted on the city's web site on Thursday 5/7/15 usually at the end of the day at http://www.cityofshawnee.org   Please check that posting for the meeting time.

Rather than wait until tomorrow to read the resumés for free, I've been paying for the copies as they were filed as I wanted to review them as soon as possible.  As a Ward IV resident I have a particular interest in this appointment. 

So, what did I learn?  I leaned that five individuals showed an interest in serving and filed for the position.  I commend them for that.

Now, let's cut to the chase.  Of the five applicants, the one that stands out most in my mind as being the best suited for the position, IMHO, is Douglas Hill.  He has been employed by GM for over 30 years and has had increasing positions of responsibility during that period of time.  Currently he is responsible for an element of their business with a $110 million annual budget, a three shift operation, and has had administrative responsibility for local and national collective bargaining agreements.  He would be my first choice.

When the information is posted tomorrow you will be able to view all the resumés.