Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dumb Rumors

We all need a good laugh once in awhile. Are ya ready?

Somebody is going around and starting a rumor that I am planning on challenging Mickey Sandifer for city council in 2008. That is the dumbest, most irresponsible thing to say.

First, why would I want to run against somebody that I both respect and agree with on many issues? (Ya can't agree on everything, but most is good). Second, and more important, I don't want to be an elected official. I don't have the time to give it the attention it deserves. I would not want to be like some council members that hardly, if ever, come prepared to meetings. (You know, like reading the packet ahead of time). Third, I would not want to have some other "ankle biter" bite my ankles. This, (the blog) is more fun than being an elected official. If you haven't read it (it's on the lower left hand side of the blog) I wrote a statement. It goes like this:

Sometimes I feel it necessary to speak my mind. This is a perfect venue to do it. The political climate is changing and we as citizens must exercise our right to speak out. What our legislative bodies need are more ankle biters and I'm sharpening my teeth.

Anyway I have a pretty good idea who may be behind this stupid rumor. And, as it was said in Forrest Gump: "Stupid is as stupid does".