Monday, July 16, 2012

Simple Answers Are Hard to Come By

See the post below about the clarification concerning Kuhn/White.

Here is the city manger's response to my email, and then my response to that.  Simple questions always seem to be the hardest to answer, don't they?

Ray, we have spent several hours of staff time over the past few years looking into and addressing this question for you. We are comfortable that we are handling it appropriately. If you, in your research, find something to the contrary, please let me know and we will certainly look at it, but I'm not going to spend any more staff time on this issue at this point.



Carol Gonzales
City Manager
City of Shawnee

And here is my reply to that. 

Carol,



First, you have not spent “several hours of staff time over the past few years looking into and addressing this question” because my initial inquiry was dated 3/11/2012, and that was only because the web site Kansasopengov.org showed a Dawn White and not a Dawn Kuhn, and I thought their web site was wrong.


There were three or four quick inquiries, to the city which resulted in three or four quick responses.


It seems strange that one person (an elected official) would receive two forms of compensation under two different names from the city.