Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sandifer Should Be Ashamed

Recently incumbent 4th Ward  councilmember Mickey Sandifer sent out a mailer, and among other things, has said regarding his opponent Dylan McAfee:

My supporters tell me he has been spinning some fanciful tales about my record as your City Councilman.  Unanswered, such tales can be damaging to a campaign.  Please contact me with any questions you have regarding my bid for re-election.  You can reach me at 913-268-5348.

Why does Mickey want folks to call him?  Simple, so he can hand them a line of nonsense and not be held accountable.  If he put his comments in writing then he could be held accountable.

Dylan McAfee has been basically saying the same things he has in his brochure.  Here is a small sampling of them:

1.        “Since April 2004 my opponent has taken numerous non-essential trips and spent tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars on travel during tough economic times and publicly stated during the September 14, 2009 City Council Meeting that his travel is nobody’s business.”
(I personally have detailed many of Sandifer’s trips on this blog, and heard first hand the comment he made at a council meeting, Dylan’s comment is accurate)
2.       “July 24, 2006 my opponent voted to raise property tax 17% - The most in Shawnee History.”
(check the minutes….he did)
3.       “On February 14, 2011 my opponent voted to remove the transparency of city council business by voting to remove detailed written minutes.” (check the minutes…he did)
4.       “On April 25, 2010 my opponent voted to spend $67,500 to build a 115-foot temporary connection from 57th Street to Oak Valley West shopping center. “(he did…it’s in the minutes)
5.       “On August 24, 2009 my opponent voted to charge residents a 5% fee on their utilities.” (he did…it’s in the minutes.)
6.       “On August 8, 2011 my opponent voted to charge residents an extra 1/2% sales tax for shopping in the Ten Quivira Plaza shopping center to pay for the developers improvements.” (He did…it’s in the minutes)

So again, why does Sandifer want folks to call him?  Because he can’t refute these statements in writing.  Many of Sandifer’s actions have a negative effect on senior citizens.  A group he says he cares about.  He’s just upset that a “grandson” is more concerned about what happens to “grandma and grandpa” than he is.

Oh, if you go to Dylan’s web site he has links to the various city council minutes so you can see for yourself  http://electdylanmcafee.blogspot.com